Sunday, February 7, 2010

Pap test was clear May I still be infected with HPV?

Two weeks after I had sex with a guy, I had pap test. It was clear. But now there are bumps and I think they look like warts. May I have HPV though the test was clear. And I read that if warts are seen this means this is less dangerous types is it true?Pap test was clear May I still be infected with HPV?
do warts go away.....Pap test was clear May I still be infected with HPV?
You could have herpes, too. Or you could just have a zit. Seriously. That happens, too. You need to see a doctor again if you're concerned.





Most strains of HPV are harmless and cause no symptoms. Paps test for cervical abnormalities, which only a few strains of HPV will cause. You could have one of the other strains and have a normal pap smear.
Hi,


Yes apparently if the warts can be seen then this is a good thing, as they can be treated etc.


I got told that warts that are seen are a less dangerous type, as they can clear up all by themselfs. HPV that cannot be seen is more serious as you do not know what it is doing to you, and can cause cervial cancer later in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment