Tuesday, February 23, 2010

HIV test a week after having sex just to clear my mind?What would you like to ask?




I took the HIV a week after havving unprotected sex what the percentage I dont have HIV? How man people took the test a week after sex a got the same results 6 weeks,3 months or 6 months later? I just want this anxiety to be over already


HIV test a week after having sex just to clear my mind?What would you like to ask?
About the only thing you can accomplish by taking an HIV test one week after a sexual encounter would be to establish whether or not you maybe were HIV+ AT THE TIME of the encounter. It takes quite a while - months - to seroconvert on the HIV test.





If you want to ';put your mind more at rest'; on this one, then have the guy take an HIV test. And to ';put your mind at rest'; in the future, let's start using condoms. :)





John Jones, M.D.HIV test a week after having sex just to clear my mind?What would you like to ask?
It can take up to to six months to get an accurate result. I don't have HIV, so I test the same no matter how often I take the test. Get tested again in six months. In the future, I suggest you practice safe sex and be more selective about your partners.

No comments:

Post a Comment