Sunday, February 7, 2010

Can someone tell me where I can buy 2lb test Ande grey or clear mono on a 1/4 lb spool?

I have been looking online and can't find a retailer that sells the Ande 2 lb test on a 1/4 lb spool. I did contact Ande but they never got back to me. Any help would be much appreciated.Can someone tell me where I can buy 2lb test Ande grey or clear mono on a 1/4 lb spool?
Perhaps your usage of the line differs from mine but I spooled it on a ultra lite outfit that casted the smallest of jigs and on several of the casts the line would break on the cast.The line was simply too weak for me to even attempt to fish with.Are you actually going to fish with the 2 lb line? If so, what? Sorry I couldn't actualy answer your question, but I did buy the line at Academy Sporting Goods.Perhaps they have it in stock.Can someone tell me where I can buy 2lb test Ande grey or clear mono on a 1/4 lb spool?
If I were you I would stay away from Ande. It seems to have a really intense spool memory and therefore weakens itself after several uses. I use either P-Line CXX Light Green color or Maxima Ultragreen for 2lb. test. It may be more expensive but you will notice the difference. I have caught trout up to 6 lbs with Maxima and still used it successfuly on prior trips without respooling. Just My 2 cents :)
you might try a regular sport store that only sells hunting or fishing equipment

No comments:

Post a Comment