Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Can positive line show up on a pregnancy test after allowed time even if it's a clear positive?

I am 10 days late for my period and I took a test today. I waited about 5 minutes and threw it away. Like most women I fished it out of the trash to look at it and sure enough there was a dark clear plus sign. Has this ever hppened to you?Can positive line show up on a pregnancy test after allowed time even if it's a clear positive?
Re-test, it happened to me and I'm 7 weeks pregnant. Best wishes!!!!niCan positive line show up on a pregnancy test after allowed time even if it's a clear positive?
I would not recommend ever reading a test result after the time limit. It is common to get evap lines or dye settling in places that it shouldn't.





If you are 10 days late it should be showing up rather clearly and quickly. If you wait a few days and still no period I would schedule an appointment with either your OB or family doctor to get your blood drawn for a pregnancy test. Those are most accurate and I have known people who for some reason were not able to get a positive urine test (although its rare).





If you buy another test I would recommend First Response Early Result. Good test, easy to read, evaps are rare.





Also if you are looking for general info and pics of positive pregnancy tests, evap lines etc. check out www.peeonastick.com - its a great website!





Good luck!
It's not reliable after the test time. Probably an evap. If you are not convinced, take another test but only read it within the allowed time. A lot of women look at their test an hour later or even the next day to see that it has turned positive, but it's not, it's just what happens after a used test sits.
first off congratulations ur gonna be a mommy~~~ and yes definatly i was 17 now im 25 when this happened to me, i took a test and hid it in an old purse till my mom wasnt around to throw it away,,,well i ended uo not jnowing i was preg and figured it out when i miscarried i was young and dumb and didt tell ay one but my bf who is now my hubby of almost 7 yrs anyways mom ended up finding it and the darn thing had turned positive!!!! isnt that wonderful those boxes lie lie lie!!! good luck and cograts plz post and let us know when ur due and all
It normally says on the package not to look after the test after a certain amount of time.





My test said that if a positive came up in between 3 - 10 mins I was pregnany.





If a positive appeared after the ten minute mark it wasn't real.





Read the packaging to find the details on yours.
Well I think 10 min is the alloted time frame....SO, I would take another one just to confirm it! But yes, I have done that...and actually gone back a couple days later....and was like WTF!? LOL And yes maam, I was for sure pregnant!
All tests go positive after a certain amount of time.You wlll need to retest and look at it in the required time and not get rid of it till the time is up.Good luck
Any line under 30 min is valid as a positive. Trust me I have called the 800 lines a million times with quesitons TTCing for 5+ years.





Retest or call your dr for an appointment and blood draw.
yes that happened to me. it was an e-vap line. I wasn't pregnant.
Oh yeah! I was pegnant.
  • short hair cut
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment